Residency Rumble - Academic Contest
The Residency Rumble Will Take Place Saturday, September 10, 2022, 6-7:30PM CDT
The 20th Residency Rumble at the PRESENT Residency Education Summit Midwest will be live and in-person.
For those of you who haven’t participated in one, the Residency Rumble is an academic game show consisting of 60 case-based questions generously provided by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine from actual past in-training exams. It serves as a fun competitive experience and also a valuable learning experience and board exam review. The winners receive cash prizes...plus the bragging rights to the title until next year's Rumble. Every resident should participate!
This year’s Residency Rumble is co-sponsored by the American Board of Podiatric Medicine and Ortho Dermatologics.
Updated Residency Rumble Information
- You will compete as individuals rather than teams. May the best resident WIN!
- This year you will use your cell phones as response pads.
- The Rumble will take place in the conference Lecture Hall. You will hear the announcements and view the questions on the projection screen. You will play the game, submitting your responses using your phone as a response keypad.
- Speed in submitting your responses is once again a big factor. Accurate correct responses will get you higher scores and there is a 30 second time limit to submit your response, which you will see displayed on the screen.
- As usual, you must be registered for the meeting to participate in the Rumble. No other advance sign up is needed.
- To qualify to participate in the Rumble, you must participate in one full day of workshops on either Friday or Saturday.
There will be 5 prizes awarded this year for the residents with the top 5 scores:
- 1st Prize ► $500
- 2nd Prize ► $250
- 3rd Prize ► $200
- 4th Prize ► $100
- 5th Prize ► $50